Friday, August 21, 2015

Who is Teaching Who?


As the summer comes to a close, moments like these I like to reflect on. Sitting in the sun, looking at him, wondering what that little mind is thinking. What he is pondering, analyzing, focusing on, or just staring into the distance daydreaming. If I could only read that little mind, it could tell me what I could do to make things easier, or more helpful to him. He can't tell me, but I wonder if he thinks it. My boy, I see as the greatest gift God could have given us. He has taught me to be a stronger, more open minded mother. Instead of just me teaching him the basics, he is teaching me a much more influential thing, and that is understanding. You don't realize how much understanding you have until it is put to the test. I look at this affectionate sweet boy; who needs me to be the most understanding person in his life, and I now know I am prepared. He will need me to be there, to make him feel that it's ok to make a mistake, it's ok to not know certain things, it's ok to get frustrated and it's ok to feel proud when something is accomplished....and I will be there, and as perceptive as I can possibly be.

Makes you think, who is the novice and who is the teacher? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment