Sunday, February 1, 2015

Bye Bye Hair!





OK, as much as I hated to see Pax's hair go....it was time.  I mean what guy doesn't want a head of hair like that!?! After the battles of combing and shampooing and reminding him to stop eating his hair, I was ready to take that step.  So in the past, the clippers were way too scary...the noise terrified him.  And taking Pax to a salon was totally out of the question, so we ordered a pair of clippers that are extra quiet and were recommended for children with autism or fear of haircuts and is even safe to use on babies.  After an early dismissal from school, I just said to myself..OK..let's just go for it.  I situated the highchair in the middle of the kitchen, gave him his iPad, showed him the clippers, let him touch it and explained what I was going to do.  He wasn't happy, but he wasn't terrible either, he cried as I continued, assuring him he was OK and it won't take long.  Boy, did he have A LOT of hair!! So it was the tedious job of going layer thru layer until I reached the point at which I was satisfied.  So, all in all he turned out cute as a button and surprised everyone at school the next day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment